This post is for the moms out there who are doing a GREAT job taking care of their families and loved ones, but might be struggling to take the best care of themselves. You know who I'm talking about... Maybe it's you! You work so hard to make sure your kids and the rest of your family are well taken care of, but maybe you have let some things in your own health slip...
If I'm speaking to you, please know that you are not alone. So many of us (myself included at times) have put our own health care needs on hold because we are busy taking care of others. Just realize that you might be able to do this short-term, but in the long run, you will much better if you are making sure your own health care and wellness needs are being met.
Maybe you just need a quick reminder that you are worth investing in, that you deserve to feel your best or that you are best able to take care of others if your own needs are being met. Consider this your friendly reminder.
Maybe this looks like:
- Making time for your spiritual health - Gratitude, meditation, bible reading, whatever
that means to you. This is not selfish, but it grounds you to give your best to others.
- Taking time to prepare healthy foods for your family - Showing your kids what healthy
meals look and taste like.
- Making time to exercise (Make it a family affair and include the kids so they develop
- Developing healthy boundaries and knowing when to say "NO" so that you can get
enough sleep, have rest time that is critical to well-being
- Seeking help/advice when you think there is a health problem that needs to be
addressed. It's much better (and less expensive) to avoid getting sick in the first
I hope you found this helpful. If you are a mom who needs to address some of your health concerns, please consider doing it sooner rather than later. You can visit this link to schedule a free consult if you would like to talk about it!